Cultural Detective publishes 'Clues to Intercultural Effectiveness: Tips, Techniques and Resources' several times a year. Get a clue and don’t miss another issue of this helpful publication.
- Personal success strategies for cross-cultural effectiveness.
- Last-minute executive briefing for expatriate heading to the Arab Gulf.
- Facilitator certification workshop in Paris.
- Maps as learning tools to see the world in new ways, including an online detective map quiz and maps of international migration, opportunities for women, health, trade, the environment.
- "Clash of Civilizations" video from avaaz.
- Improve multicultural team productivity by creating and sharing Personal Values Lenses.
- Work more effectively with South Africans and across genders.
- Improve your ability to facilitate intercultural and global management effectiveness by attending facilitator certification workshops in Australia.
- Discover whether Deaf culture is universal.
- Review 5000 years of world religion in a 90 second video.
- Free offer: get a copy of the book, Men and Women: Partners at Work.
- Learn fundamental theories of intercultural communication and global effectiveness, and receive graduate-level academic credit, with Cultural Detective facilitator certification workshops.
- Pursue eight steps to generational harmony in the workplace.
- Calling all ethics and compliance officers – how are those ethics and values statements interpreted across cultures, and how can we ensure they are acted out consistently and appropriately?
31 May 2006
Enhance global business acumen and systems by using Values Lenses in executive coaching and teambuilding.
15 May 2006
How do the history of slavery and current realities of post-colonialism affect working in West Africa today? Learn to manage more effectively.
- Develop your ability to work more productively and enjoyably with Deaf colleagues.
- Discover how secondary educators are improving students' understanding of international relations and global cultures.
- Gain valuable tips on recruiting, retaining and promoting culturally diverse employees.
- Cross-cultural professionals in the Arab Gulf inaugurate their professional association.
- Understand culture beyond the passport level, including religion, physical ability, gender, and topical applications such as global diversity programs.
- A great new way for business people to learn the fundamentals of intercultural competence and gain fluency with a terrific tool for improving global business productivity.
- Intercultural professionals in India organize their first SIETAR conference.
- Truly effective global leaders know their ecological footprint – determine yours.
- Do you value diverstiy? Sign the Religions for Peace declaration.
- The first introduction to cultural studies and intercultural communication for many people these days is via the dimensions of culture. What are the advantages of such an approach, and in what ways is a Cultural Detective approach different and complementary?
- Learn to learn about a culture – to detect what is important to people – through their use of space. In this issue, we give you complete instructions for an activity that looks at a Japanese department store through a Japanese Values Lens.
- Check out five online resources that use language as a window to enhancing cross-cultural competence.
- Play three video games designed to raise global awareness and citizenship.
- Improve global management skills and multicultural team competence with six activities that use maps and mapping to help people discover their own mental maps--their ways of seeing and being in the world.
- Take an online "World Map Detective" quiz to gauge your understanding of how maps inform – and misinform – how we see the world around us.
- Then, read this article explaining how maps are created for specific purposes, and like any tool often distort other purposes.
- Free offer: get a Population Map, an Africa-centered Peters map, and a Mecca-centered Azimuthal projection.
- How do you help people understand and utilize cultural differences, when so many of us are multicultural, global nomads? Three steps to effective intercultural training.
- Questions to ensure an indigenous approach to management education. How do we get beyond western practice into meaningful local and regional management education?
- Do you prefer gay over straight, black over white, fat over thin? Take this Implicit Association Test and find out.