- 51 packages are now included in the Cultural Detective series, with the debut of Denmark and Belgium.
- "Does Comparative Law Show 'Global' Values?" an article and upcoming book by Alan Richter, based on a study of constitutional law in 15 countries.
- International Anti-Corruption Conference in Athens, and a link to Cultural Detective Global Business Ethics.
- A fountain in a Japanese shopping mall redefines the meaning of fountain.
25 September 2008
- "Put a Lens On It," an article by George Simons about designs and challenges for using Values Lenses with a large organization in Asia.
- Cultural Detective facilitator certifications in Granada, Spain in October, in Houston TX in November (rescheduled due to Hurrican Ike).
- Soft launch of our Interactive Reality series, online self-paced course, for site license use.
- The 15th anniversary, fourth edition of the renowned teaming and collaboration simulation, Ecotonos at a 10% discount.
- Pablo Picasso's "Guernica" in 3D – treat yourself!
- Do cities and regions have cultures? Personalities? View an interactive map of regional "personalities" of the USA.
- Hyundai-Kia Motors is using Cultural Detective as the backbone of major intercultural competency efforts in Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Korea, Norway, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey and USA. View the in-house video.
- SIETAR (Society for Intercultural Education Training and Research) will hold its Global Congress in Granada, Spain in October, and Cultural Detective has been asked to conduct a pre-conference Facilitator Certification.
- "The Georgia Crisis and Polish Values: Why wake the sleeping bear," an article by Pawel Walentynowicz.
- The 15th anniversary, fourth edition of the renowned teaming and collaboration simulation, Ecotonos has just been released by Intercultural Press. There are instructions for facilitating the simulation in a much shorter timeframe, and the game comes in a new hard plastic carrying case for enhanced portability. Also include theory underlying the simulation. For a limited time Intercultural Press has offered all Cultural Detectives a 10% discount.
- New strategic partnerships and reseller distribution agreements are announced, including those with GlobalLead, Australian Institute of Export, and Diversity Resources.
- Do your employees have questions about ethics in global business? Do you struggle with how to promote cross-cultural sensitivity while still maintaining legal and ethical compliance? If so, then Cultural Detective Global Business Ethics is worth taking a look at.
- "To Ming or Not to Ming," the story of a team that wanted to fire a talented and professional colleague due to differences in values and communication style.
- An online quiz by Carrie Cameron on High-Low Context, Relationship-Task Orientation.
- 25% discount offer for a limited time on "Success Strategies," including chapters by Warren Bennis, Brian Tracey, Marjorie Blanchard, and Cultural Detective authors Dianne Hofner Saphiere and Kathleen Curran.
- D-PAN, the Deaf Performing Artists' Network, offers some terrific video resources.
- Why every employee needs a global mindset; link to article.
- Cultural Detective Facilitator Certification workshops in Australia, France, New Zealand, and USA.
- "Securing Collaboration in International Projects: Combining Cultural Detective with cultural dimensions." Download a free graphic and full explanations for your use..
- New release on Jewish culture joins Cultural Detective Islam as the second CD package on a major religious tradition. Poland is also nwly released.
- "Six Billion Others:" the power of people, stories, images and sound for your use.
- A new video from CD Generational Harmony co-author Gretchen Neels.
- Why "U.S. Americans?" Quotes from Vicente Fox, former President of Mexico's, autobiography.